- Ofsted and Parent View
- Statutory Information
- School Performance Data
- Policies and Reports
- SEN Information
- Admissions and Prospective Parents
- Our School Values
- Our School Day
- Snow and Bad Weather
- Complaints Procedure
- Before and After School Childcare
- Disabled Access
- Data Protection
Prospective Parents - September 2021
We are delighted to have so many parents and carers interested in choosing Epping Primary School for their child. We understand that it's a very big decision and we would like to help you as much as possible.
Unfortunately, and disappointingly, due to the current situation we cannot welcome prospective parents into our school.
Virtual School Tour Video
We have put together a Virtual School Tour video which we think gives you a wonderful flavour of our lovely school - please click the link below to register for the video.
Epping Primary School - Virtual Tour - (Please click on this link)
Prospective parents were also invited to participate in a meeting and Q&A session with members of the Senior Leadership Team, all these sessions have now taken place.
For more details please visit our School Tour Page.
Epping Primary School Admissions Policy
We are very pleased that you are interested in requesting a place for your child at our school. The school has a Pupil Admission of 60 for each year group.
Essex County Council is ultimately responsible for ensuring that every child has a place at one of its schools, but Governors are responsible for setting down their admission criteria for parents / carers and supplying information and details of the school and its ethos. They recognise that:
- Parents / Carers have the right to state which school they would prefer
- Parents / Carers have the right to have information about the school
- Parents / Carers have the right to be told how schools allocate places
- Parents / Carers have the right to appeal against a decision not to admit a pupil to a school of their choice
Parents / carers of children with special needs are able to state their preference for a school of their choice.
LA Policy Statement
As required by law all infant and primary schools provide for the full-time admission of all children in the reception year group from the September following their fourth birthday. This means that you have the right to a full-time place at the school your child is offered from September.
The Governing Body of Epping Primary School has been able to improve the provision in order to meet the Local Authority's criteria and has received permission to admit children younger than rising-five on the following basis:
- Autumn Term rising-fives to be admitted full-time in September after a short settling in period
- Spring and summer born children are offered the opportunity to have a full-time place beginning after October half term, or parents/carers may request a part-time place or deferred place until the beginning of the term in which their child is five.
Each School has a "published admission number" as stated in the Primary Education Booklet each year. Further copies are available from the Local Area Pupil Services Team.
As the number of applications to Epping Primary School sometimes exceeds capacity the following admission policy has been agreed in the event of over-subscription of places:
Places will be allocated in the following order of priority:
- looked after children
- children with a sibling attending the school
- children living within the priority admission of Epping Primary School
- children living within the priority admissions of Epping Upland C/E, Ivy Chimneys and Theydon Bois Primary Schools
- remaining applications
In the event of over-subscription within any of the above criteria, priority will be determined by straight line distance from home to school, those living closest being given the highest priority. Exceptional medical circumstances (supported by medical evidence) may over-ride the above.
Application for Places:
Applications are dealt with directly by Essex County Council.
To apply please click on the link below:
Tel: 0845 603 2200
Deadline for September 2021 Starters: 15th January 2021
Appeal Against Admission Decision:
If applications have been unsuccessful there is a right of appeal to an independent appeal panel, details of which appear in the Primary Education Booklet.
Due to Government Legislation Epping Primary School cannot exceed the limit of 30 pupils in each of its classes. This safeguards the quality of learning and safety of the pupils.
In Year Admisions
If you are a parent/carer who is new to the area and wish your child to join the school in any other year group, or at a different time of the year, please contact Essex County Council School Admissions as above.