To find out what your children will be learning see the curriculum information below.
Curriculum Changes - September 2020
Since welcoming all pupils back to school in September, our focus has been on:
• re-establishing school behaviours and routines
• supporting the mental health and well-being of our pupils
• assessing the individual learning needs and knowledge gaps of our pupils
• providing a challenging broad, balanced and diverse curriculum
To fully implement these objectives, some changes have been made to our school day.
Is the school running an amended curriculum?
Epping Primary identified three areas of focus for 20/21 English, Maths and Well-being.
The curriculum and school day has been adapted to provide further opportunities to identify gaps within these areas of learning and offer additional time to practise as a whole class, within a group setting or individually. To ensure a full curriculum is offered to our pupils, some adjustments to how lessons are presented have been made. This ensures learning opportunities are available whilst safeguarding both adults and pupils.
We would like to share with you the 'curriculum offer' overview and vision for our school. This is a brief insight into what we offer, as part of our curriculum, at our school and how our value equations contribute to our motto and vision. We hope you find this interesting and informative.
|Autumn 1||Autumn 2||Spring 1||Spring 2||Summer 1||Summer 2|
|EYFS||All About Me||Great Grown Ups||My Wonderful World||Little Green Fingers||Bugtastic||Amazing Adventures (Transport)|
|Year 1||Toys||Let's Celebrate||Wonderful Woodland||UK Explorers||Walking with Dinosaurs||Aye Aye Captain|
|Year 2||Great Fire of London||
Our Amazing World
|Let's Explore||Kings, Queens and Castles||Exploring More Places||Fabulous Flying Machines|
|Year 3||The Savage Stone Age||The Incredible Iron Age||Is Climate Cool?||Epic Egyptians||Wonderful Water||I do like to be beside the seaside!|
|Year 4||Roman Empire||
|Road Trip||Where are we in the world||Victorian Britain||Changing Childhood|
|Year 5||Raiders and Settlers - Anglo Saxons||Raiders and Settlers - Vikings||Marvellou Mountains||The Amazing Amazon||Britain at War||Eco-Warriors|
|Year 6||Ancient Civilisations||Ancient Civilisations||Amazing Authors||What is Equality||London Landmarks||I am a year 6 get me out of here!|
- Curriculum Map Overview EYFS
- Curriculum Map Overview Year 1
- Curriculum Map Overview Year 2
- Curriculum Map Overview Year 3
- Curriculum Map Overview Year 4
- Curriculum Map Overview Year 5
- Curriculum Map Overview Year 6
End of Year Expectations
- EYFS Expectations
- English, Maths and Science End of Year Expectations - KS1 and KS2
- Foundation Subjects End of Year Expectations - KS1 and KS2
If you have any queries about the curriculum or would like to discuss them in further detail the Class Teacher is always happy to discuss. Please feel free to make an appointment to talk in greater depth.