"Who are the best people to contact in Epping Primary to discuss my concerns regarding my child and their needs?"
All initial concerns should be brought to the attention of the Class Teacher. You can do this by contacting the school office to request a meeting. As stated in the SEN Code of Practice, “all teachers are responsible and accountable for the progress and development of the pupils in their class, including where pupils access support from teaching assistants or specialist staff.”
The Class Teacher is responsible for:
- Planning a differentiated curriculum to ensure specific needs are met.
- Overseeing all interventions and support of Special Needs pupils in their classroom.
- Implementing and reviewing their Personal Learning Plan with pupils.
- Reporting to Inclusion Manager and parents/carers the impact of intervention support.
If your child is already receiving SEND support, you can contact the Inclusion Manager. The contact details are provided below.
The Inclusion Manager is responsible for:
- Developing and reviewing the school’s SEN policy with all school staff and parents/carers.
- Coordinating the support for pupils with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND), including the distribution of resources and Learning Support Assistants.
- Ensuring that you are involved in supporting your child’s learning, kept informed about the support your child is getting and that you are involved in reviewing their progress.
- Liaising with all other professionals who support your child’s learning, e.g. Speech and Language Therapists and Educational Psychologist.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of Personal Learning Plans and specific interventions.
- Assess pupils' needs using a variety of resources.
- Support Teachers in delivering Quality First Teaching.
- Organise and provide training for relevant staff when required.
- Providing specialist support for Teachers and support staff, so that they can help support pupils with SEND in the school to achieve the best progress possible.
Inclusion Manager Contact Details:
- The name of the Inclusion Manager is Mrs Halliwell
- Telephone Number: 01992 572408
The Headteacher: Mrs O’Donnell is responsible for:
- The day-to-day management of all aspects of the school; this includes the support for pupils with SEND.
- The Headteacher will give responsibility to the Inclusion Manager, however the Class Teachers are still responsible for ensuring that your child’s needs are met.
- The Headteacher must make sure that the Governing Body is kept up to date about issues relating to SEND.