Home learning while the school is closed
While the school is closed due to the Coronavirus outbreak we will be continuing to make educational provision. Our staff have been working incredibly hard, and imaginatively, to create learning opportunities which will engage your children and ensure they continue to make progress in line with out curriculum at home. Our provision will be as follows:
- All tasks for the week will be posted on class Dojo by 9 a.m. every Monday morning.
- There will be age appropriate daily Maths and English tasks, spelling as well as a weekly Science and Cross Curricular challenge.
- We will send home a weekly timetable via Class Dojo which will outline these tasks in greater detail.
- Mr Johnson will also be posting a PE task each week via Class Dojo.
- We will be providing each child with a fresh new exercise book and pencil to record some tasks. These home learning books will need to be returned once school reopens as it will form part of your child’s assessment.
- Please be aware that some tasks will require submission. These will be highlighted in yellow on the weekly plan. This will be via Class Dojo. A code is being sent home with each child today with a set of instructions on how to do this. If your child is absent this will be posted to you.
- Teachers will acknowledge and provide a comment on work submitted on a fortnightly basis.
- Pupils should spend as much time on the task as the lesson would require in school i.e. 45 minutes for a Maths or English lesson.
If you have any issues accessing Class Dojo or using the pupil QR codes please contact the school via firstname.lastname@example.org
As the Coronavirus progresses our staff may be looking after their own families including themselves. Therefore our Teachers will be working as teams to ensure learning provision continues seamlessly during these unprecedented times.
Please visit our new Home Learning page for links to apps and websites used in school as well as an extensive list of other FREE websites and resources you may find useful.